I looked around on google for coconut flour chocolate chip cookies and didn’t find anything that I was completely thrilled about (and that I had all of the ingredients for), so I came up with my own recipe and it actually turned out really well!!
Here’s how I made them…
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup sugar (I used sucanat, but you can use honey or regular sugar)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup of coconut oil or butter (I used half butter and half coconut oil)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- A lot of chocolate chips
- Possibly a little extra water if the dough needs any extra moisture
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil and add to the eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mix and mix until a nice dough forms.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- If any extra moisture is needed, add a SMALL amount of water at a time (1 tsp.) and continue mixing.
- Grab medium chunks of cookie dough, roll them into balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the cookies to about ¼ inch thick and seal up the edges to make the circles look nicer.
- Bake at 350˚ for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet and serve!
Interested in learning more about using coconut? Check out my other coconut posts below: