I looked around on google for coconut flour chocolate chip cookies and didn’t find anything that I was completely thrilled about (and that I had all of the ingredients for), so I came up with my own recipe and it actually turned out really well!!
Here’s how I made them…
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Author: Rachel @ Surviving The Stores
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup sugar (I used sucanat, but you can use honey or regular sugar)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup of coconut oil or butter (I used half butter and half coconut oil)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- A lot of chocolate chips
- Possibly a little extra water if the dough needs any extra moisture
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil and add to the eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mix and mix until a nice dough forms.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- If any extra moisture is needed, add a SMALL amount of water at a time (1 tsp.) and continue mixing.
- Grab medium chunks of cookie dough, roll them into balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the cookies to about ¼ inch thick and seal up the edges to make the circles look nicer.
- Bake at 350˚ for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet and serve!
Interested in learning more about using coconut? Check out my other coconut posts below:
- How to use coconut flour in recipes
- How to make coconut milk from scratch
- Coconut Flour Breakfast Bake
- How to make your own Coconut Oil deodorant (yes, it works!)
- Coconut Oil body butter
- Homemade tortillas with coconut oil (I’ll be trying to find a good grain-free version for this soon!)
Pamela Giles says
I just found your site and I love it! I also just started the Wheat Belly Diet on the recommendation of my mother. It has changed her life! Do you have any recipes using Almond Flour? I really like Almond flour better than Coconut. I would love a good loaf bread recipe. I have a Ninja cooking system that I love to use and want to try it out on baking some bread.
Thank you so much,
Rachel @ Surviving The Stores says
I make a really good personal-sized almond flour loaf in a bowl (in the microwave) that I use for grilled cheese or meat & cheese sandwiches. It’s on my list to post this week! I’m still working on a good almond flour recipe for a larger loaf, hopefully I’ll have one ready soon! 🙂
Can I use a gluten free baking mix instead of coconut flour?
No, coconut flour does not have a straight 1 for 1 substitute
Do you have any nutritional info?
Ugg, sorry but these turned out terrible for me! I followed the directions exactly and even added a couple of tsp of water but they were so dry. Not what I was expecting! My kids will eat them, so it’s not a complete waste of 5 eggs, but even my ever positive son said they were so much better with a big glass of water.
Surviving The Stores says
That’s one of the tough things about baking with coconut flour. I personally like to eat these cookies along with a bowl of ice cream. That does the trick! 😉
Made these with 1/ 2 coconut and half almond flour. Batter was initially too thin. I sprinkled coconut flour till it firmed up, baked 13 mins. FANTASTIC. Maybe a tad sweet for me, the kids will love them. Not dry at all.
Courtney Peterson says
Love these! They are my favorite coconut flour cookie!! Thanks for sharing!