Homemade Cranberry Granola Cereal
It’s funny to me that the most expensive cereal is (by far) the easiest to make. Plus, you get the benefit of knowing exactly what’s in it!
Here is a super yummy Cranberry Granola Cereal recipe that you can use for breakfast or snacks:
- 4 cups quick oats
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds (for those who are gluten or grain-free) or ½ cup wheat germ (if you're not sensitive to wheat)
- ¼ milled flaxseed
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar (or any other sweetener you would prefer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 Tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds (or wheat germ), milled flaxseed, pecans cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- In a second bowl, mix together the oil, honey/maple syrup, water and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until golden brown. During the last 10 minutes, add in the dried cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container once completely cooled.
More Recipes You Might Love: