Green Bean Casserole is a staple food item for so many holiday gatherings. I’m personally not a big fan of canned food and EVERYTHING in traditional green bean casserole typically comes from a can. With this recipe, everything is totally homemade so you get to control the salt and fat content! You can pre-make the cream of mushroom soup and oven-fried onion rings ahead of time so that the day of your gathering all you do is steam the green beans and put it all together!Print
Homemade Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 2 lbs. of fresh Green Beans
- Homemade Oven-Fried Onion Rings
- Cut ends off of the fresh green beans and then slice them in half. Steam the green beans until cooked through.
- Mix cooked green beans with the cream of mushroom soup. Add as much or as little of the soup as you want, depending on how much soup you want in your casserole. Mix some of the oven-fried onions in there with the green bean/soup mixture.
- Top the mixture with the rest of the oven-fried onions. Bake at 350 degrees until heated through and onions are at the desired crunchiness.
Thanks Rachel! I was thinking about this very thing today and needed to find a recipe. This is perfect! And look at you, posting on your blog only a day after having a baby!! Congratulations!!
Congrats on the baby! I wanted to say thanks so much for this…I have always wanted to make the recipe fresh and not from cans!
LOVE. Thank you so much for posting this! I have it bookmarked and will make it to go with Thanksgiving dinner. I hate canned/processed stuff, so I’m really happy you posted a from-scratch recipe! Woo-hoo!!!
I’m so excited to make this for Christmas!
green coffee extract supplement says
Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site
before but after reading through some of the post
I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy
I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!