One of my favorite things about Chicken Taco Meat is how flexible a dish it is. I sometimes serve it with tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and cheese for chicken tacos. Other times I serve it on lettuce (with the fixings!) for a delicious chicken taco salad. I have even included it in casseroles.
For fix-your-own tacos and salads, I like to put out:
- shredded Chicken Taco Meat
- lettuce (cut large for salads or shredded for tacos)
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped avocado
- diced onions
- shredded cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- tortillas (for tacos!)
I like to bake my Chicken Taco Meat in the oven, because I think the flavors are more intense, but I have also made it in the crockpot. If you prefer to use a crockpot, just cook it for four hours on high, then shred the meat.
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken stock
- (optional: use 3 T pre-made taco seasoning instead of above spices)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine all spices in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts on baking pan.
- Sprinkle most of the spices on the chicken breasts.
- Pour chicken stock gently over spiced meat.
- Sprinkle remaining spices on chicken breasts.
- Bake for around 40 minutes, or until meat reaches 165°
- Shred meat with two forks and serve with taco fixings.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
|Patti Brown is a wife and mom who loves to play in the kitchen. Her three children and husband are usually happy to try her inventions, and even join the fun. Their kitchen is the busiest room in the house!Patti and her daughter write about cooking, handcrafts and their latest home arts projects at their blog Blossoms And Posies.
Read more about Patti here! >>
Leave a Reply