Quinoa Salad for Beginners
Author: Rachel @ Surviving The Stores
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced (or limes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Make the quinoa and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon or lime juice,1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.