I’m not a scrambled/fried egg fan, so finding good grain-free breakfast options for us seemed impossible at first. But the more we researched, the more we started to find a ton of great recipes using coconut flour!
We started out with the coconut flour breakfast bake, then tried out the grain-free donuts, but really wanted to find a good grain-free pancake recipe.
Ryan has been tweaking this one for a while and it’s now one of our favorite breakfast options! You can serve it with butter, syrup, and/or your favorite whipped cream option (either regular or coconut cream for those of you doing a strict Paleo diet).
- 1 Cup of Coconut Flour (sifted)
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tsp Liquid Stevia or ¼ tsp Powdered Stevia or ¼ cup Honey or Sugar (we use the powdered Stevia)
- 12 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk or Almond/Coconut Milk
- 1 Stick of Butter or ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (if you are using butter make sure it's completely melted before adding to wet ingredients).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cook pancakes on medium - medium high heat.
Want more gluten-free, grain-free, and Paleo recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!
Follow Rachel @ SurvivingTheStores.com’s board Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, OR Paleo Recipes! on Pinterest.
It seems like an easy recipe, but I wonder about if the amount of eggs is a typo, 12 eggs? It seems a bit much, no?;)