Vinegar is a very inexpensive alternative to many everyday household items and Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent home remedy (in my personal opinion – see disclaimer below!)
Here are some of the ways that we personally use vinegar:
1) As a cleaner. Fill a spray bottle 3/4 full with Distilled Water, add about 1-2 cups of vinegar and then add some Tea Tree Oil (this will be your most expensive item but it last forever!) Use it on your counters, to clean the stove, kitchen table, etc… It works great and you can feel great about your kids using it too! I also use a variation of this to mop my floors. I put hot water in the sink, add some white vinegar, and then several drops of rose oil (you can also add salt if you would like to). My floors look good AND smell good too! 🙂
2) With the laundry. Adding vinegar to your washing machine load works as a fabric softener, helps prevent static, and makes your clothes brighter! If you have a place where fabric softener goes, you can pour the vinegar in there.
3) To clean the microwave and the coffee maker! To clean the microwave, just stick about half a cup of vinegar in and microwave it for about 30 seconds. The junk inside just wipes clean! As much as we love our Gevalia coffee maker, it isn’t self cleaning! About once a month we run a vinegar/water mix through the coffee maker and it gets it clean every time!
4) As dandruff shampoo! My husband has always dealt with pretty bad dandruff, so he started using apple cider vinegar and letting it stay on his scalp for about an hour several times a week. The problem disappeared within weeks! I wrote a whole post about this HERE.
5) For eczema. My daughter deals with eczema on her arms and I had recently started to get it a little on my hands. After doing some research online I decided to start taking apple cider vinegar tablets and it COMPLETELY went away! I was amazed!
There are HUNDREDS of great uses for vinegar…. getting rust off of nails, unclogging shower heads, killing weeds, killing bacteria in meat, and much more!
What are your favorite uses for vinegar? I’d love to hear!
Disclaimer: The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.