Here’s what I do:
- 1 cup of garbanzo bean flour (around $3.24 for the bag which is 5 cups so 65¢ per cup)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- a handfull of chopped parsley
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup hot water
- Olive Oil for frying it (around 3 Tbsp)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together well.
- Add the lemon juice and hot water and mix until just combined.
- Let the mixture sit for around 10 minutes.
- Shape into small balls and then somewhat flatten (around ½ inch thick or so).
- Fry each falafel in the olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Enjoy plain, with hummus, or in a hummus lettuce wrap!
You can eat Falafels by themselves, in a lettuce wrap, or in a pita wrap if you’re not grain-free!