But homemade mayonnaise isn’t something I’ve tried yet…. until now! This recipe from Sarah is SO easy that there’s no reason for me not to try it. We *just* ran out of mayo so I think I’ll whip up a batch this afternoon since it’s so easy! Why did I think mayo would be something that would be majorly complicated?
- 1 egg and 1 extra yolk from (organic, free range eggs make a big difference!)
- ¼ t sea salt
- 1 t apple cider vinegar (I like the Bragg's raw ACV)
- 1 drop Young Living lemon essential oil (An essential oil that says it's safe for internal use is important because you must use a quality oil that you can eat because they are free of petrochemicals and other junk.)
- 1 c sunflower oil (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
- Set out all your ingredients and let them come to room temperature.
- Place your eggs and sea salt in the blender and blend on low for a just a few seconds.
- Add apple cider vinegar and a drop or two of your Young Living lemon essential oil
- Blend for about 10 seconds on low.
- Slowly drizzle in your sunflower oil. Watch it thicken up before your eyes!
- Refrigerate after making.
More related posts: