While I love to make elaborate meals, I have three children who keep me running. There are plenty of nights when I need to keep dinner very simple! Those are the nights I often put casseroles on my menu plan.
I have been trying (roughly) to follow the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. This recipe for Mexican Turkey Spinach Casserole was created when I decided to adapt another recipe to be “E” meal friendly (low fat, high protein, moderate carbs.)
The cream cheese and taco seasoning combine with spinach and tomatoes to make a nice sauce for the turkey. I like to steam brown rice in a rice cooker to serve with Mexican Turkey Spinach Casserole. A sprinkle of cilantro on top adds the perfect final touch!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup onion
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 8 oz package fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles (drained)
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute turkey and onion in pan until meat is cooked.
- In large bowl, combine cooked turkey, drained spinach, softened cream cheese, taco seasoning and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Lightly spray a 2½ qt casserole dish with coconut oil.
- Pour turkey mixture into dish and cover with foil.
- Bake until heated through and bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro sprinkled on top.
- Delicious served over brown rice!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
|Patti Brown is a wife and mom who loves to play in the kitchen. Her three children and husband are usually happy to try her inventions, and even join the fun. Their kitchen is the busiest room in the house!Patti and her daughter write about cooking, handcrafts and their latest home arts projects at their blog Blossoms And Posies.
Read more about Patti here! >>
Leave a Reply