Hummus is one of my absolute favorite frugal recipes. It’s SO easy to make and it’s good with a variety of veggies and perfect for pitas and homemade falafels!
This is the recipe that I use the most. I tried figuring out a good recipe that didn’t use Tahini but, in my opinion, you just have to have the Tahini. I know that some people enjoy the flavor of Peanut Butter instead of Tahini, but I was not a fan of that switch. Let us know in the comments below if you have a Hummus recipe that you would like to share too!
If you can’t see the recipe below, click here to see it!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans OR ¼ lb. of dried Garbanzo Beans, cooked
- At least ½ cup of juice from the can (or from cooking the beans) depending on how thick/runny you like your hummus
- 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (preferably fresh)
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini Sauce
- ½ tsp. Salt (more to taste if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- Black Pepper (if desired)
- Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Mix all of the ingredients (except parsley) in a food processor or high-quality blender (like a Vitamix or Blendtec).
- Top with a few garbanzo beans, parsley, and some drizzled olive oil.