How To Start Couponing
Does the idea of couponing seem overwhelming to you? It did to me too! I wasn’t raised in a couponing family, and I didn’t get started with couponing until late 2007. But after a little practice it started to feel like second nature. Typically the only time I get frazzled now is when I am shopping WITHOUT my coupons. 🙂
So where do you begin? How do you get started? Hopefully I can provide some help to those of you who are where I was a year ago. Here are the steps that I recommend taking to begin effective shopping with coupons…
1) Get Coupons! You can’t “coupon” without coupons! You can find coupons in the Sunday paper, or you can print lots of coupons from Coupons.com, Redplum, and Smart Source! There are several new printable coupons every day, so be sure to check the newest daily printable coupon round-up to see which ones you want to print!
Most large-city Sunday papers have a couple of coupon inserts each Sunday. The most common ones are the Smart Source and Valassis (or Red Plum) inserts. Proctor and Gamble also puts out a monthly coupon insert.
2) File your coupons! Check out this post to find out which coupon organization system works the best for you.
It typically takes about 1-2 months of saving up coupons from the paper to really be effective at couponing. Don’t get discouraged during this time as you see deals and sales using coupons that you don’t have yet… they will come around again! Check out how I organize my coupons!
3) Get a subscription to All You Magazine! It will cost you less than $2 each month, and it seems to always be worth it to get it. File these in a separate folder in your filing box or filing cabinet.
4) Find the coupon matchups! Each week we provide the best coupon match-ups for stores across the country!
5) Make a list. From the deals that you find for your local store, make a shopping list and clip or print the coupons that match up with the weekly deals.
6) Learn more! Be sure to also check out the other articles in the Where To Begin section!
Be sure to follow along as I share my top Tips For Surviving The Stores Through COUPONING! Tip #1: You DON’T have to be an extreme couponer!
**If you are heading out to eat, or to the mall, check out the RESTAURANT Coupon Database and the RETAIL Coupon Database!**