Best Price on Kindle
If you’ve been looking at getting a Kindle for yourself or as a gift be sure to check out this great price drop on the refurbished Kindle Paperwhite for only $85 shipped today only 7/15! (Reg. $109).
We have the Kindle Wi-Fi and Paperwhite – and yes, they are pretty amazing. I’m especially impressed with the Paperwhite’s backlight technology that automatically adjusts the screen brightness depending on how light or dark the room is – which is really helpful especially for reading in bed at night. If you can afford the Paperwhite I definitely recommend that one over the Wi-Fi 6 inch, although both work amazingly well and would make great gifts.
Also, if you’re thinking about grabbing one for any of your kids be sure to read my note to parents below.
- Weighs 7.3 oz (incredibly light)
- 25% faster processor
- Read with one hand—over 30% lighter than iPad mini
- Battery lasts 8 weeks with wireless off
- Next-gen built-in light—read without eyestrain
- Better touch technology
- Dictionary, X-Ray, and Wikipedia integration
- Less than 6 ounces – lighter than a paperback, fits in your pocket
- Hand-tuned fonts for easier reading
- Reads like paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight
- Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi
- Holds over 1,000 books – take your library wherever you go
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $4.99
- Hundreds of thousands of Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children’s books and includes parental controls
- battery lasts 4 weeks with wireless off
I do not know how long this price cut is going to last so if you were going to get any for yourself or as a gift be sure to buy them soon.
Plus, if you haven’t already, make sure to check to see if you have FREE Kindle credit waiting for you in your Amazon account due to a recent class action lawsuit settlement. You can get more details on that on our post over HERE.
**Parental note** If you are buying a Kindle eReader for your child you may want to consider spending a little more and getting the non-special offers version. Even though they have great parental controls where your child cannot download a book without your permission (pin), they advertise a lot of different books in the Special Offers version with images of the covers, so it’s kind of a wild card on what’s going to pop up. I’ve had the Kindle Wi-Fi and Paperwhite for a couple of months and so far no explicit images have shown up, but there have been some strange covers/titles that I would personally prefer my little ones not to see/read. I hope that helps some of you with your decision on which version to buy. These are pretty amazing eReaders and I definitely recommend them for your kids!
More great Amazon Deals!