Online survey sites are a fun way to earn a little extra money from home. I emphasize “little” because I don’t want you to think that you will be able to quit your job and work from home doing surveys…although that sure would be nice! I don’t have much time to do these anymore, but all the sites listed here are sites that I have used before and have had a pleasant experience working with. Back in the day, I would just do surveys at night while watching TV on the couch- by the time Christmas came around I had a nice little stash of cash, Amazon credits and Paypal deposits that made for some nice extra gifts!
Remember: It’s a good idea to create a separate email account for the purpose of signing up for deals, survey sites, and word-of-mouth marketing sites so your personal email account doesn’t become so jumbled that you miss out on important emails and great deals!
- Pinecone Research is the only survey site I still use on a regular basis. They email you surveys and you will ALWAYS qualify for them. Some surveys even result in a FREE product being sent to your home to test. Each survey earns $3 and is deposited into your paypal account. They are not always accepting new applications, but keep checking. Currently, they are specifically looking for Hispanic panel members. Once you are in, you stay in until you don’t respond to 3 consecutive invitations.
- National Consumer Panel is a really fun program that sends you a scanner (just like the one my husband always tried to steal from me when we were doing our wedding registry…) and has you scan your groceries after you purchase them! You earn points every time you scan, as well as by completing surveys that are sent to you online. You can redeem your points for a number of different prizes out of their catalog.
- Opinion Outpost is one of the easier survey sites to cash out from. You can use points earned by taking surveys for Amazon gift cards, Citibank gift cards, or a check by mail.
- Global Test Market Panel is very straightforward- take online surveys for points, redeem your points for cash as soon as you meet a minimum threshold.
- Mindfield Panel- Fill out profiles and wait for emailed survey opportunities. Each survey completed is worth a different cash amount. Once you have $5 in your account you can have a check mailed to you!
- Inbox Dollars- I actually haven’t used this one myself, so I asked you guys what your thoughts were on this company. The consensus seems to be that although it takes time to get to the $30 threshold where you can cash out, it is easy and worthwhile. You earn your money by taking surveys, opening emails, searching the web, etc. Right now they are offering a $5 sign-up bonus, so it’s worth a try, right?!?
- Ipsos I-Say- Ipsos i-Say survey company is looking for moms for their survey panels! Ipsos i-Say is a survey company that has been around for a long time and has a great reputation. I looked on a few survey review sites, and it looks like you can make around $10 per month with this survey company (and $120 a year will definitely help with the holidays!).
- If you sign up with these companies, you will have plenty of surveys waiting for you in your in-box…and a chance to make a little $$$ on your down-time. Have fun