A few years back we were at our friend Meg’s house for dinner and she made this absolutely amazing sweet potato and bacon casserole dish! I immediately asked her for the recipe, and have made it several times over the past few years. Y’all, it’s INCREDIBLE!
And today, Meg is sharing her recipe with all of you too! If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out her website Lesson Plan Ladies where she shares Pre-K and Kindergarten lesson plans for homeschoolers (with more grade levels coming soon!)
- 6 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (12 oz) of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Bacon grease from the cooked bacon
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place the peeled & cubed sweet potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish
- Add the cooked and cumbled bacon on top of the cubed sweet potatoes
- Pour the bacon grease on top of the sweet potato/bacon mixture
- Drizzle the maple syrup on top of everything
- Add the salt and pepper and stir well
- COVER the baking dish with foil (*important*)
- Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally
Be sure to follow us on Pinterst for more great recipe ideas!