I am so excited to share with you guys one of my absolute favorite super-easy recipes! This was a perfect meal to make this week since I got such an awesome deal on Classico Pasta Sauce this week at Brookshires. I usually make this meal when we are having company over, or I will make it and freeze it to eat later or bring to a friend.
Sorry about the lack of picture quality… we brought all of the ingredients to a friend’s house to make and I totally forgot my camera so I had to use my husband’s phone for pictures (pretty good for a phone though, right?)
Here’s what you need:
2 lbs of ground meat (I used 1 lb. of ground beef and 1 lb. of ground turkey)
2 jars of pasta sauce (obviously, I used Classico… by the way the Carmelized Onions and Garlic Classico is AWESOME!)
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
7 ounces of Ricotta Cheese (about half of a container)
2 boxes of pasta (such a penne or rotini)
Italian spices to taste (I use parsley, oregano and basil)
2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Here’s how to make it:
1. Cook the onion in a very small amount of olive oil. Add the meat and cook until almost cooked through, then add the minced garlic. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
2. Add the 2 jars of pasta sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and Spices and mix thoroughly. Allow to simmer for around 15 – 20 minutes.
3. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to package directions. I am trying to stay away from gluten for the most part (not going completely gluten-free) so I made one pot of rice pasta and another of whole wheat pasta. Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain the water off and mix with the sauce.
4. Grease or spray the bottom of 2 9×13 inch pans (or 1 large lasagna pan) and spread half of the pasta mixture along the bottom of the pan(s). Place small blobs of ricotta cheese over the first layer of pasta.
5. Put the other half of the pasta mixture on top and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for around 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Now it’s your turn! What kind of recipes did you come up with to use with your deals? Please link directly to your frugal recipe below.
I also highly recommend heading over to $5 Dinners Bargain Meal Of The Week where she categorizes meals by different store deals!