This is one of my new grain-free breakfast favorites. It takes less than 5 minutes to make from start to finish and completely fills me up!
The recipe below is from the Trim Healthy Mama book/cookbook that I’ve been using for the past month or so (it’s worth every penny of the cost – just read the reviews at the link below!)
You can change it up some if you would to as well. If you don’t want the chocolate then just add enough extra almond flour/flax meal to cover that extra 1 Tbsp and then just add whatever else you want in the muffin (like blueberries, apple/cinnamon, chocolate chips, banana/nuts, etc.).
- 1 Egg
- 1½ Tbsp. Almond Flour
- 1½ Tbsp. Flax Meal
- 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder (make sure it's unsweetened)
- 3-4 tsp. of Truvia (or other sweetener if you'd prefer)
- ½ tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- Small pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Oil (you can use coconut oil or butter)
- Put the egg in the bottom of a coffee mug and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the almond flour, flax meal, cocoa power, truvia, baking powder, and salt and whisk well with a fork again.
- Add the melted oil (if it's coconut oil) or melted butter and whisk very well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute to 1 minute and 10 seconds.
Almond flour is MUCH more expensive than flax meal, so if you can handle the taste of more flax meal then you can divide up that 3 Tbsp. of almond/flax however you would like to as long as there is 3 Tbsp total (or 4 Tbsp. if you don’t add in the chocolate).
Products used in this recipe: