Throwing a holiday party can get expensive, so here are five tips for keeping your party costs to a minimum (but still have lots of fun!)
1. Set a budget. AND stick to it! It is so easy to get something that costs $5 here and something else that costs $5 there and before you know it you’ve spent $200 on a party that you only wanted to spend $50 for. Just like you do for gifts, make a spreadsheet specifically with what you have available to spend on your party.
2. Send invitations via email or Facebook. If you’re trying to stick to a strict budget for your party, then digital invitations are the way to go! I’m all about digital invitations – Ryan and I even sent out digital invitations for our wedding 12 years ago! And we didn’t have a single complaint either.
3. Use what you already have to decorate. There’s really no need to go buy extra decorations for a holiday party. Just pull out every spare set of Christmas lights to hang around the doorways and add some extra tea light candles in pretty glasses around the house.
4. Have a gift exchange. My FAVORITE parties are ones with white elephant gifts, but there are so many ideas out there like cookie exchanges, gift card exchanges, book exchanges (seriously, the list could go on forever!) Just be creative! The great thing about a gift exchange is that instead of YOU having to buy the party favors for all of your guests to take home, you’ll just need buy something for one or two of them.
5. Search for coupons. You’ve got to feed these people who are at your house! And I’m guessing you don’t want to spend days making EVERYTHING from scratch! What I usually do is make any desserts from scratch (because really, who wants store-bought Christmas desserts?) and then buy the appetizers pre-made.
One appetizer that everyone always loves is José Olé TAQUITOS!! José Olé makes all kinds of appetizer foods like mini-tacos and quesadillas, but my favorite is always the taquitos.
AND, there’s a great new $2 off José Olé Coupon (16 oz product or larger) that’s available to print right now on their Facebook page!
Plus, for every coupon that is downloaded, José Olé will give $2 to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (up to $100,000)!
Whatever you plan on buying for your party, check out our coupon database before you head to the store!
And be sure to “Like” José Olé on Facebook too to print your coupon!
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and José Olé blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.