Have you joined Swagbucks yet?
Swagbucks is a search engine similar to Google (it’s actually powered by Google and Ask.com). But instead of only getting the information you are looking for when you search, you get the opportunity to get points. And these points add up so that you can get gift cards!
My favorite gifts cards are the ones for Amazon because I can just add them to my Amazon account as I get them and they build up. That way, when I find something that I would like to get, I already have the money in my Amazon account! You can also get gift cards to Target, Starbucks, PayPal… all kinds of places. And, unlike many other companies where you earn points towards gift cards, it doesn’t take long at all to reach the point where you can get one.
Here are some ideas for how to maximize your Swagbucks earnings:
1. Install the toolbar. Once you sign up, just go to the “Toolbars” tab at the top of the Swagbucks page to download the toolbar. Not only will it be much easier to search (& thus win swagbucks), but the toolbar will let you know when there are swagbucks codes that you can enter to get FREE Swagbucks!
2. Search for sites using Swagbucks even if you know the address. I see all the time that many of you guys will search for “surviving the stores” using Swagbucks. I’m sure that you know that the web address here is www.survivingthestores.com, but you can’t win any bucks by just typing that into your browser! Search for any sites you go to through Swagbucks (or through the toolbar) and you greatly increase your odds of winning.
3. Search more on Fridays. I would recommend searching with Swagbucks every day, but Fridays are the days that you can REALLY win big.
4. Recommend your friends. Are you pleased with your Swagbucks experience? Let your friends know! You can get up to 100 extra bucks for each friend you refer.
5. Send in your old phones and electronic devices. Swagbucks will give out a specified number of bucks for each device that you recycle through them. Turn those phones that your kids dunked in the water (or is that only my kids?) into something beneficial!
6. Search for images and video too (even if you don’t need to). Sometimes I will not get any swagbucks when I do a regular search, but if I then click on “images” or “videos” I will!
Plus, now is a great time to start earning those Swagbucks! During the month of December Swagbucks is having a “Holiday Gift Card Swagaganza” where they reduce the price on a different gift card every day!
Do you have a “survival tip” to share? What are your tips for surviving the stores? Feel free to send me your idea in article form to “rachel AT survivingthestores DOT com” and you just might get featured! If you have a blog, be sure to include your blog link in the email so that I can link back to you. Just make sure you put “Survival Tip Tuesday” in the subject line of the email.