I’ve been experimenting lately with all of the different ways to use essential oils, and one of my new favorite things to do is add them to food.
I have some yummy recipes using essential oils in the works to post (tonight I made gluten-free pumpkin brownies with clove and cinnamon!) so be sure to come back regularly (or just follow me on Pinterest or Facebook) to see when I post a new essential oils recipe!
This applesauce recipe below is absolutely amazing. The lemon helps to keep it from turning brown, and the drop of cinnamon adds such a nice flavor!
- Peel and core your apples (this handy tool here makes it super easy!)
- Chop the apples into about 8 large chunks per apple
- Combine all ingredients in a large pow and bring to a low simmer.
- Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes
- Let cool, then mash with a potato masher or puree with an immersion blender
Plus, lemon and cinnamon are great for all kinds of other things too!
Cinnamon is thought to promote healthy cardiovascular and immune function, and acts as an antiseptic.
And lemon has all kinds of great uses!
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add several drops of lemon essential oil to a chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Place a few drops of your favorite citrus essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator to help eliminate odors.
Follow me on Pinterest for more natural remedies and healthy living tips!