I asked you guys on Facebook earlier today where the best deals for school uniforms were and I got lots of great answers!!
I thought I’d put the top answers in a post here so that the information can help out others who are looking for answers to this same question…
“Where can you find the best deals for school uniforms? I would like to find items that will last all year, and possibly even long enough for me to resell, but that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions on where to shop?”
1. Old Navy. Old Navy is actually having an AWESOME back to school sale this week (both in-stores and online) with their children’s jeans for just $10 (reg. $19.97) and school uniform polo short sleeve tops for just $5 (long-sleeve for $8!) I think if we had kids that needed uniforms that Old Navy is where we would be shopping right now for anything we didn’t get at the thrift store during the year. Free shipping on orders of $50 or more (and if you have a GAP/Banana Republic/Old Navy credit card, then you might want to shop on Tuesday when you can get an extra 10% off with the code TUESDAYS). Also, now through 8/8 you can use the coupon code ONBIG20 to get 20% off any size order!
2. The Children’s Place. This week The Children’s Place is having a great back to school sale with uniforms at 25% off, jeans at $10, AND FREE SHIPPING on any size order if you shop TODAY (Monday August 6th).
3. Target. Many readers are reporting great deals in-store and I’m seeing lots of great deals on school uniforms online too. Shipping is free if you spend over $50… OR if you have a Target Red Card (which is definitely one card I recommend having if you do any amount of shopping at Target.com) then you’ll get an additional 5% off your purchase and free shipping on any size order!! If you are shopping in-store then be sure to take the $3 off any Cherokee kids item of $12.99 or more coupon with you!
4. Kohls. While I’m not super impressed with the Kohls prices online right now (let me know if you see anything worth mentioning!) they are having a Kohls Cash promotion right now where you can get $10 back in Kohls Cash for every $50 you spend. PLUS, you can get an extra 20% off on kid’s clothing through TOMORROW (Tuesday August 7th) with the coupon code LIBRARY20.
5. JCPenney. I know lots of you guys are upset by them not offering coupons any longer, BUT their prices on uniforms are pretty good right now. And if you shop in store, be sure to grab a free kid’s haircut while you’re there! Shipping is free to the store, so if you have a JCP near you, I’d definitely recommend doing that (just use the coupon code JCPSHIP).
6. Lands End and Sears. The prices at Sears and Land’s End are pretty good, and I’ve been consistenly impressed with the quality of clothing at Lands End. They also have a great rewards program where you can get points for all of your purchases! If you’re planning on buying Dockers from Sears, definitely print the $10 off $75 Dockers Coupon that they have right now! Shipping is also free to any Sears store so that’s really nice if you have a Sears store near you! If you’re shopping online at LandsEnd.com, make sure you use the coupon code KIDCOLOR with the Pin: 4103 to get FREE SHIPPING on any size order!!
7. Shopping at consignment stores, thrift stores, & Goodwill. Lots of readers have found GREAT deals on gently-used school uniforms at resell shops. A couple of my tips to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck if you’re buying used are to (1) check all of the seams for any tears and (2) if you have a smart phone, search for that brand online to make sure that what you are getting at the consignment store really is a great deal (sometimes it’s just as inexpensive, or even less online).
Let us know if you see any other great uniform deals!!