UPDATE: Today (3/19) is the LAST DAY to get Amazon Prime for $79/year!! Find out below how to renew it at that rate next year too!
Ryan posted earlier today about all of the ways that you could get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime (up to 6 months!) but what about those of us who already have Amazon Prime?
As I’m sure most of you now know, the price of Amazon Prime will be going up to $99 per year starting on April 8th (it has been at $79/year).
If you currently have a membership, then there’s a small loophole that will allow you get another year at the $79 price, even if your membership will renew after April 8th!
Here’s what you do:
1. Log in to your Amazon account and click on the “Your Prime” section of the menu bar. Down at the very bottom of the screen that pops up, you’ll see a click that says “Manage Your Prime Membership”. Click that.
2. Look on the left sidebar and check the date that your Prime membership will expire.
3. Click on “End Membership” (right underneath the date in the above image). You can either select “Remind Me Later” or “End Membership”. If you select “Remind Me Later” then you’ll get an email reminder to cancel your membership 3 days from when it will renew next year. If you click “End Membership” then you’ll still remain a member and it will automatically cancel when your membership expires.
4. Go to THIS PAGE on Amazon where you can give a Amazon Prime Membership as a gift. Gift it to yourself and set the delivery date for the day AFTER your current membership expires (the date you see in your “Manage Your Prime Membership” section).
5. On the day after your Prime membership expires, you’ll get an email with your Prime Membership “gift” that you sent to yourself. Follow the instructions in the email to renew your Prime membership.